Soon after you leave college, a number of things start knocking your head. From getting a job in a renowned organisation to fulfilling your parent’s expectations, leaving the cozy college environment to entering a new world of professionals. All these uncertainties keep bothering our mind.
In an effort to get over these jitters and facilitate smooth changeover to a challenging professional career, Punjab Technical University brings some important tips to you straight from its counselor's desk:
1. To start with, you should have a very well knitted resume designed as per the demands of the current market trends.
2. Before going for the interview you must do your homework, i.e., do a good research about the company you are going to give interview in.
3. While going for an interview, check your look, prepare your physical appearance to look attractive.
4. Neat, clean and professional dress gives you a bonus point. Never choose casual dressings for your job interview. Casual dress mostly ruins your first impression during such interviews.
5. Stand in front of mirror and speak and act as if you are in front the of interviewer. Check your body language while talking in the mirror. It should reflect your confidence in whatever you say and your gestures.
6. You should always have a positive attitude and a charm on your face and should never be rude at any time during the interview.
7. Ensure that you had taken all of your required documents for the job interview.
8. You must not fake for anything. Every single thing present in your resume should be based on facts and you must accompany your original certificates to prove their credibility.
9. Always be truthful and forthright in answering every question with full confidence. Remember, even if you are not able to crack the interview, you are surely going to learn something out of the whole exercise.
10. Smile gives you extra advantage during your job interview. So keep a smiling face.
11. Along with a presentable resume and a good personality, you also need to have a mouldable attitude to adjust yourself in the environment of the office you would be joining in.
All these points would surely help you take a positive step towards your journey of a successful career. All the very best! Stay Positive!